Lakeside Community Church in Salmon Arm is a family that wants to grow in our relationship with Jesus and each other. We are a friendly, upbeat and relevant place where YOU can come to discover and worship God.
“To be a celebrative community growing in spiritual maturity and passion, to effectively equip disciples to purposefully share Christ’s love.”
“Lakeside is an inclusive, loving community of believers who encourage spiritual growth through relevant and challenging Biblical teaching and relational evangelism.”
Pastors & Staff
Ken Dryden, Lead Pastor
Ken and his wife, Vera, are thrilled to be a part of the Lakeside church family and are excited to call Salmon Arm home. His dream for Lakeside is that people of all ages and backgrounds will experience the life changing presence of God in the midst of a community who are learning what it means to follow Jesus.
Pamela Jamieson, Office Administrator
Pam is available Tuesday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at the Downtown Office and would be happy to answer any of your queries.
What to expect while you are at Lakeside …
- Casual atmosphere
- Friendly people
- A worship service of about one hour and a quarter followed by a time for visiting. Refreshments and snacks provided
- Thought provoking and relevant messages from the Bible
- We often provide a time of interaction during the service where you can grab a coffee and sit down with some friends and discuss the morning’s teaching.
- Contemporary worship music
- Kidzone: activities and learning for kids
- Youth classes two Sundays a month
- Most Sundays you find us at our new home downtown in the Scotia Bank building – but sometimes you’ll find us at interesting places like the Wharf or Ross St. Plaza. We’ll let you know ahead of time!
During the week:
- Freedom Session: We partner with Broadview Evangelical Free Church. Regular sessions Tuesdays @ 6:30 pm
- Mens’ Prayer at 7 am. in the Church Office
- Worship team practice
Throughout the week: Life Groups (small groups of 4-12 people) meet in homes to encourage each other in their relationship with God, study the Bible and build friendships.
The office is open Tuesday to Friday 9 am to 1:30 pm. We are always happy to have people drop by.
The Great Commandment
“Jesus said, Love the Lord your God with all your heart…soul… and mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and Prophets depend on these two commandments.” – Matthew 22:37-40
The Great Commission
“Jesus said, Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” – Matthew 28: 19-20
What a church believes and stands for is important. The messages the Pastor gives and the things taught in seminars, during Kidzone and TeenZone are based on a set of core values. Here are the basic beliefs at Lakeside:
- We believe in the inspiration of the Bible. It’s God’s letter to us.
- We believe there is only one God and that He exists in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- We believe Jesus is God, was born of a virgin, that He never sinned and that He performed miracles.
- We believe Jesus’ death is the only means for the forgiveness of our sins.
- We believe that salvation is a gift of grace from God that we receive by faith.
- We believe in the ongoing guidance of the Holy Spirit in the believer’s life.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is coming back again in power and glory.
- We believe that the new life in Christ is shown by an obedience to the known will of God as revealed in the Bible.
- We believe that God, through His Holy Spirit, gives us the strength to live a full and satisfying life as a Christian.
- Doing a few things well
- Responsive to community needs
- Effective framework for leadership, mentoring and training
- Seeking the heart of God
- Small Groups
- Social Events
Here are some suggestions for times to begin making connections – with God and other people:
Most Sunday mornings we meet at 10am @ at our church home: 331 4th Street NE: view map. Read about the transformation of the former Live Wire nightclub into the home of LCC.
LIFE Groups are a place where you can get plugged deeper into community at Lakeside. Most groups meet weekly in homes and average 4-12 people in attendance. The focus is on building friendships and growing in our relationship with God. There are a number of LIFE Group options each week. Check out our groups.
Alpha is geared specially for people who have questions about God, life and faith. It is casual, friendly and fun. To find out more about Alpha: http://www.alphacanada.org/
Next Alpha Course TBA
Freedom Session is a healing-discipleship journey that uncovers the roots of pain in our lives and invites Jesus Christ to heal those areas of our hearts. To find out more: http://freedomsession.org/
At Lakeside we believe that prayer is foundational to everything we do. There are a number of opportunities each week to join with others in prayer.
Wednesday Mens Prayer time 7-8 am (downtown office)
Regular Corporate Prayer times
Sunday mornings 9:45-10:00 am Pre-Service Prayer & Worship
Approximately 2 times per month Youth (age 12 and up) are dismissed from the Sunday morning service for their class. We encourage strong intergenerational connections at Lakeside.
Youth also meet regularly on Friday nights.
We provide ministry to children from 19 months to Grade 5 on Sunday mornings.
Click here to view our Abuse Prevention Policies: Child Abuse Policy
A big part of who we are and what we see God calling us to do is to reach out with compassion to those who are less fortunate. Things like Knock Out Hunger, Back to School Haircuts, Food Hampers, Operation Christmas Child, are some of the ways that we are responding to needs.